Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy two cages from Martin's cages(one for the girls and one for the boys).

Anyone own one of those cages and have suggestions as to which one, or know of a better cage brand? Pro's and con's of Martin's Cages?

I'm basically looking to give 2 rats decent living areas in each cage(possibly attatch one to a cage I've already got), with extra room for the future option to comfortably add a ratty or two.

Money isn't a problem(I'm patient enough to save up if need be), but I don't want anyhting rediculously priced.

Help much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i don't use martin's but i have a friend that does. i'll ask her about it when i see her next. i use chinchilla cages. i only keep the one gender (female) but with the two of the tied together i can fir 6 rats comfortably with lots of hammocks and ropes, hidy holes, wheel and other toys. one cge cost me $100 (the other was donated) and with the jungle-gym i have set up for the top cage it was another $100. it's small enough that i can take it down to the tub to give thorough cleaning but larger enough that everyone has they own space. my friend has always complained about the hassle of cleaning her cage but her does look prettier and can hold 8 males comfortably. i'll try to find more information on it though. i don't what the cost was and i don't the details on the martin's, not owning one myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts