Rat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm giving the crew free range time in the bathroom. I leave for like one minute after making sure River couldn't leap off something on the ground onto the counter. I come back to this. ImageUploadedByPG Free1414815674.646143.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1414815687.955878.jpg

I can only assume she kept into the toilet, onto the accessibility handle bars and scaled the blinds while leaving them all in place. I am officially floored.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Spider rat, spider rat. Does whatever a spider rat does. Can she spin from a web? No she can't, she's a rat. Look out, she is a spider rat!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean I'm used to her getting where she shouldn't. Boyfriend came in and I asked him if he saw River. He just said "look where you wouldn't want her to be." Then you should have seen his face when he saw her!

·
Registered
265 Posts
lol awesome. my 2 boys were probably 4 months when I got them and now I have a baby girl I got when she was 5 weeks. She's 10 weeks now and so tiny and idk if it's about the size or she's just super awesome...but she can climb things like you wouldn't believe. She can literally climb up my wall. She jumps up onto the corner of my wall where the door is and somehow just climbs up the wood door frame and will climb half way up my wall to the ceiling and then just stop and jump down. I'm scared of what she will do when she gets older and smarter...

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is hilarious!

Rats are amazing; I had one that could jump the 3.5 foot gap between an arm of one couch to the other without a running start. She wasn't jumping from a high place to a low place either, these were the same height. She was small and her body was short and stocky, I didn't expect such a feat from her.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I'm so flummoxed. I pulled up the blinds today and let them free range. I left them alone this time because I was giving them extra free range time. Went in to check on them and she got up again! ImageUploadedByPG Free1414959172.183206.jpg any ideas how she did it? She won't do it when I'm in the room.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
The first time I saw it I thought shower curtain. A half pound rAt will damage blinds.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe try a camera in the bathroom while free ranging!? I would love to see how she does that!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Love this! Maybe she shimmied up the wood window frame? I've seen my boys do this but with the legs of a table. Either that or she can fly :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I left a video running. I didn't see it because I was focusing on the wrong part but suddenly I see her walking across the window frame from the right side!

I surmised she must be somehow climbing the shower curtain, and getting onto the sill that way. I tucked it up and haven't had any problems since. But I've NO idea how a half pound rat could climb one flimsy piece of slippery plastic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts