Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I took my rats out and one of them climbs, it's so cute. Oreo climbs up the side of his cage. He goes up down and sideways climbing. Anyone else have Spider Rats? I'm thinking of making a big climbing course for him out of a mesh thingy. :p

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
**raises hand**

We have spider rats here as well & one that I call Monkey from time to time because she hangs on the sides & stares at me with this look in her eye of "MommY PLEEEEEESE take me out!!"

·
Registered
549 Posts
More than once Ive found boys on top of the FN... when they were supposed to be playing on the COUCH!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ollie loves to climb(even though it took him a while before learning how to go DOWN the ramps in his cage)the world is just one big jungle gym to a curious rat=3

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i love watching mozart jungle around on her cage. :D it's delightful. she's less adventerous/(smart?) than picasso so she doesn't usually get that much farther from her cage than that... lol.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
spazz, cirrus & nimbus all climb around their cage, but spazz thinks she is a monkey!! she will swing across the bars on the top of the cage like a kid on monkey bars at school, in preference to running from side to side or up and down the cage.

tonight i caught ash hanging from the bars on the top of the big cage but then she dropped to the shelf. the big girls will climb the sides of the cage, but a couple of them (ginger & meggsy) are getting too "chunky" to do it very much.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Spider rats?

I call my kiddos plastered to the side of the Martin's Playpen of whichever side I am closest to, Rat Magnets. LOL

·
Registered
527 Posts
aw, that picture is so adorable. <3
my girls are spider rats too..they love to climb (up, down, sideways..!), and can get down from my bed easily. xD

·
Registered
32 Posts
We call it Garfielding. Just like those Garfield things that people stick to their windows in the car. One time my girl Arielle was hanging on the cage door and we opened it and she swung out on the door. It was hysterical. I think she liked it b/c the next day her sister Belle did it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I always tell my two babies that they're Monkey-Rats. They practically knock each other down trying to climb the side of the cage I'm standing by. At least it lets me get to their fuzzy little bellies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like to get their little bird feet when they hang. I love when they push each others heads away with their paws when they are hanging there trying to get attention in the morning before free roam.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
if you want another pic of her escaping it's in my thread in meet my rats, im not going to post it here since i dont want to be responsible for ANOTHER thread lock :roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts