Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have been using my cage as two and will be ones I get another little one for the baby. I have a problem with my older girls ripping apart the fleece trying to get to the baby, (trying to attack her). I am wondering if I should but the older girls on the bottom and the two young ones on top so the older ones don't rip their fleece?

Also the pan for the top half where the corner is out for the latter. How do you cover the space there? Mine try to get to the baby from that corner that doesn't have the pan. Should I switch that down to the bottom half instead?

Any tips as welcome.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I plan to split my DCN into 2 cages. I purchased a replacement bottom pan to use in the top. You might want to look into doing the same thing. Mine cost $29.99 plus $9 shipping. That was the cheapest price I could find.

I guess you could also try covering the hole with something hard like a piece of plexiglass or sheet metal. A hardware store might be able to hook you up there.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think of that thanks! sense I will have two young girls and five older girls in the seperate cages. Any ideas on covering the young girls half while the older girls are out? they try grabbing the baby girl I have now and already got her finger and face. I'm thinking blankets and clipping them down to the outsidewhile the older girls are out.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Maybe have the little ones on top so that they can't be reached when the older girls are out? Also, midwest makes a cage cover for the DFN/DCN. But probably a piece of fleece wrapped around the cage would be just as effective.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can purchase a ceramic tile and put it between the wire level and the middle pan where the cut out is. This blocks the entrance between levels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.