Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,I thought we could focus on one the rats in our mischief ,with a photo,inspiration for theyre name,quirks in their character etc.....so,Spotlight on DUST
Full name Dust in a World of Grim Obsession ,named after a song lyric I am Dust by Gary Numan
Age 12 months. Type husky
Dust is a quirky little rat.She was the leftover runt that no one wanted from a previous litter that I couldn’t resist and tagged her on to the 2 Blue Dumbos I had arranged to pick up from the breeders.
She was the type of rat that bonds to you and snuggles into your neck the second you first handle them.
After just 5 days,she developed a hard pea sized lump under her chin.I panicked,thinking it was cancer,and had a day worrying when she was at the vets for an op at only 5 weeks old as I had never had a rat so young being gassed down before.Thankfully she was fine and the lump was an abscess which co eared up after a couple of weeks of Synulox.
She is a total wheel addict and has a bad case of wheel tail that makes her walk like a crab sometimes,but she is active and healthy.
She tends to keep out of rat politics and only fights other rats if they DARE to try and take her stash off her.
She is my special baby and enjoys a few sips of my tea every morning(yes it’s true,most English folks DO drink tea all day) then she shoulder rides down to the kitchen where I prepare the rats breakfast whilst she swoons with delight at all the sounds and smells of the food prep.
70ABF68A-3D71-4AAF-A43D-DFC8B1EACC53.jpeg

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh wow, thank you Sonic for sharing your amazing story with us! I love the name, love who she is, and love that you love her. Isn't it amazing when they come around, and figure out we are friends and worthy of their time and affection??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi ,I thought we could focus on one the rats in our mischief ,with a photo,inspiration for theyre name,quirks in their character etc.....so,Spotlight on DUST
Full name Dust in a World of Grim Obsession ,named after a song lyric I am Dust by Gary Numan
Age 12 months. Type husky
Dust is a quirky little rat.She was the leftover runt that no one wanted from a previous litter that I couldn’t resist and tagged her on to the 2 Blue Dumbos I had arranged to pick up from the breeders.
She was the type of rat that bonds to you and snuggles into your neck the second you first handle them.
After just 5 days,she developed a hard pea sized lump under her chin.I panicked,thinking it was cancer,and had a day worrying when she was at the vets for an op at only 5 weeks old as I had never had a rat so young being gassed down before.Thankfully she was fine and the lump was an abscess which co eared up after a couple of weeks of Synulox.
She is a total wheel addict and has a bad case of wheel tail that makes her walk like a crab sometimes,but she is active and healthy.
She tends to keep out of rat politics and only fights other rats if they DARE to try and take her stash off her.
She is my special baby and enjoys a few sips of my tea every morning(yes it’s true,most English folks DO drink tea all day) then she shoulder rides down to the kitchen where I prepare the rats breakfast whilst she swoons with delight at all the sounds and smells of the food prep.
View attachment 305857
She is actually the CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!! (Other than my boys of course)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts