Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got two new ratties so that my boy Myszka could have some new cagemates. The babies both seem very healthy and happy, yet one of them keeps making this long squeak noise. It’s not particularly loud or anything, the only thing I can equate it to is like a puppy trying to howl just much quieter. I couldn’t find anything online so wanted to ask around and see if anyone knows what this odd behavior could be? I know it could be a sign of sickness so I’m gonna try taking them to the vet soon, but also wanted to get others opinions too. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A longer, lower pitched squeak is often an indignation of annoyance for example if your rat is being forced groomed he might make this sound. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can just be your rat being dramatic, still go to the vet though since they'll be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A longer, lower pitched squeak is often an indignation of annoyance for example if your rat is being forced groomed he might make this sound. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can just be your rat being dramatic, still go to the vet though since they'll be able to tell you for sure.
Okay thank you! I think it might’ve been annoyance as it was mainly happening during introductions with my older rattie (I’ll still of course be taking them to the vet to be sure though :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts