Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My very lovable boy daisy is normally always hanging out with me and grooming me and he doesn't care what I do to him as far as handling goes. He rarely ever squeaks except when I have to steal food from his mouth that he had stolen from me or if I am giving him a bath. A few days ago I bought a product that is a dry shampoo that foams and you just put it on them and then dry them off with a towel. I tried the product out on all 3 of my rats, daisy included and of course he didn't like it and squeaked while I was doing it, which is normal. Afterwards though, the whole night every time I picked him up he would squeak bloody murder as if I was hurting him and I just thought he was mad at me for doing the shampoo but he persisted with it for a few hours which I thought was a little ridiculous and he's not one to hold a grudge. Then yesterday and today it is continuing that when I pick him up he always squeaks at me angrily as if I am hurting him and I know he would never hold a grudge this long so i am now thinking he may be injured. I don't see any visible injuries on any part of his body and i have looked him over several times. He has no wounds and I don't notice him limping as far as I can tell either. I wondered if it was possible that the new shampoo irritated his skin so he didn't want to be touched but he doesn't seem to mind being pet so I don't think it's that but I thought i should mention it just in case since I did use that around the same time i noticed the behavior. He doesn't squeak as much if i pick him up very gently so i am wondering if it is something internally wrong. I tried pushing on his sides and his tummy and his sides seem fine but by the time I can get to his tummy he is so annoyed with me I am having a hard time really being able to feel it and see a decent reaction. I also don't know how "lumpy" it is supposed to feel but i do feel a bump on his chest area. He also does have chronic mycoplasm issues but his sneezing is same as normal. His brother seems to be getting sick cuz he's got a runny nose and sneezes occasionally but his has not gotten concerning yet either. I wonder if he might just be giving me attitude because he does seem extra cranky the past few days but that is just so strange for him that it concerns me. Like I said, he rarely ever squeaks. He always has a good reason for it, and if he is cranky, it is probably because he is in pain or something. I'm not sure what to do.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts