Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Alpha rat has been acting a bit odd today. I don't know her like this. She's making squeaky noises when the other rats bother her. She's also more submissive. She does look healthy and energetic. She looks comfortabel while sleeping/resting with the others. She's boggling and bruxing.

Do you guys think this is normal? I probably worry too much.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There might just be change of the doinance on the horizen....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There might just be change of the doinance on the horizen....
That sounds about right. Oh no. The rat in question is kind of a bully. I was actually thinking about giving her back to the breeder. My Alpha is much more balanced, but the other rat is very energetic.

·
Registered
577 Posts
hmmmmm...

·
Registered
638 Posts
As I learned, some rats are just very dramatic and squeak a lot.
See if you can tell the differences in her squeaks ..... like the squeak when she's just bothered, should be different than the squeak when she's being force groomed.
And both of those should be different when she's being hurt.
Once you figure that out, you'll be better able to tell what's bugging her.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
As I learned, some rats are just very dramatic and squeak a lot.
See if you can tell the differences in her squeaks ..... like the squeak when she's just bothered, should be different than the squeak when she's being force groomed.
And both of those should be different when she's being hurt.
Once you figure that out, you'll be better able to tell what's bugging her.
It sounds like the force grooming squeak when they're not being overly dramatic (haha).

I don't know her like this so to me she seems to act a bit dramatic, but I don't know why.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It sounds like the force grooming squeak when they're not being overly dramatic (haha).

I don't know her like this so to me she seems to act a bit dramatic, but I don't know why.
If it's just her being dramatic ... I'd say let them work it out between them. If no one's getting hurt - it's all good. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts