Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of our boys are on antibiotics right now to treat a minor URI. They've been fighting more lately and I've been using a squirt bottle (filled with regular water) as a deterrent. It usually stops them immediately, but occasionally they'll get into a bad fight somewhere where I can't reach them with my hands and I'll end up essentially hosing them down. The bottle sprays a fine mist; I'm just wondering if there is any risk of complications to respiratory problems from squirting them.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Usually yelling at them will scare them enough into stop fighting. I would stop using the squirt bottle on them as they can become cold pretty fast. Would you go outside in the cold rain while you had Pneumonia? I wouldnt...

·
Registered
955 Posts
If my boys are properly scrapping they won't listen to yelling and clapping, and a spray will only do. But if one is recovering from a uri I would hold off with the water for a while. You could try just spraying the floor - the noise of the bottle spray may be enough. Or use a squeaky dog toy or something similar that makes a loud sharp noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts