Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep bothering you guys it's just Loki was doing so well the day and night before last and now he's starting to go backwards. I'm really starting to lose hope that he's gonna make it through this and I really need someone to talk to. He's started moving around more which I thought was a good thing but now he's not eating as much I'm lucky if I manage maybe a half a ml syringe compared to the five to seven he was eating. All he wants to do is climb up onto my shoulder and and lay on my pillow ad sleep which would be fine if I could get him to eat like he was but he's not :'( I thought him wanting to climb onto my shoulder was a good thing at first but now I'm starting to fear that his behavior and refusal to eat much (even his cherry flavored baytril which he LOVED) is his way of telling me it's time and that he just wants to be near me when he goes. His labored breathing has come back too. I did manage to get a tiny bit of puppy can food in him few minutes ago but not much considering we're talking about a rat who can eat a whole cheese burger.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm really sorry, I was following Loki's story, he seems like he has had a fantastic life. *hugs* You could see if you can find his favorite fruit or veggie in baby food to see if he would eat that. I'll be thinking of Loki, Best Wishes from Me and my girls.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to think he did c: with me anyway c':thanks *hugs back**cries*I will try to I don't know what hi favorite fruit is though to be honest but if he continues the way he is I might do that. I'm just afraid that he won't get enough water that way since he won't eat or drink anything as is. that was the whole point of mixing his powder with water so he could get water. If I start substituting that for other things and he still won't drink anything won't he get even more dehydrated? I'm becoming terrified that he's going to go into kidney failure. I haven't seen him pee except maybe once yesterday morning. And he hasn't pooped in at least since saturday. I really appreciate the thoughts it really honestly truly means a lot to me </3

·
Registered
955 Posts
Baby food will have some moisture in it which is better than nothing, plus you could try mixing a little extra water in with it before you give it to him. Poor wee guy. Thinking of you too x

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try that thank you very much! At this point I'm taking any and all suggestions cause I just really don't know what to do. Thank you so very much! Your thoughts really do mean the world to me and I can't express how much your care means.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts