Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my new baby Zorin for nearly a week now and he has warmed up to me, my other rat and even my dog quite a bit! He will eat in my lap, sleep in my lap even, and is starting to give kisses. Inside his cage he is a wild child and popcorns all over the place, especially at night. When I leave the cage door open, he runs around the table that it sits on and all over the outside/inside of the cage as well, no scared poops or anything. But the second I put him on my bed, which is directly next to the table/cage, he lets loose his scared poops! And he cowers against the back of the bed near the wall. When he notices Akaila is on the bed also he tries to follow her, but of course she is an escape artist and much bigger so she is usually on the bed for only a few minutes before she jumps off and does her free range exploring.

Is there a way that I can relax him on my bed? I have tried everything, especially food, but it doesn't seem to be working. He will eat on the bed no problem and sit on my lap but he doesn't want to explore, which he should be doing since he's a young boy (7-8 weeks).

·
Registered
604 Posts
When I got my young boys, Reny was running around the room with no problem. Cheshire however, took a few days to even willingly leave the cage, and then about two weeks to willingly leave my lap. I had done immersion in the bathroom and he was comfortable in there but the second we entered the new space he was very fearful. This may have been because of his history, but I just gave him time. Give him love while in your lap, let him feel comfortable and safe with you. He will venture out eventually on his own time. =)

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Esmerelda is the same way, BUT she ends up following Endora's lead. It is a monkey see monkey do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts