Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in General topics, no one has responded. So Ill just have to make another post in the cage area. I know that the cage should be longer then 12" for comfy movement. I just want to know of any suggestions, of what would be ok for two male rats to live comfortably?

I was thinking if I bought two my first super pet cages, which are 30" x 18" x 16", and morphed them together by stacking them on top of each other, would that be ok and large enough?

And does anyone know how wide the bars are on the my first super pet cages are? They look KINDA wide..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
That sounds like it could work, if that's what you'd like to do.

I think the bar spacing on the large one is 5" by 1"? Perhaps someone with the cage can chime in.

This spacing would be fine for older boys, but you might have to watch them when they're younger.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mana said:
Have you looked at Martins cages? There's no worry about bar spacing with those.
Yes I have, do you have a suggestion of what one would be best?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with them, but if you're definitely only going to have two males, I think an R-680 or 685 would be good. I've been thinking about getting a 680 myself, to have a good quarantine cage :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hippy said:
Yes I have, do you have a suggestion of what one would be best?
I've just ordered the sky scraper (R-695 I think it is), so I'll post in a few days as to what I think of it. The calculator says it's good for 4 or 5 rats, so it should be plenty big enough for our two girls.

By the way, the service from Martin's is the best! I ordered our cage on Sunday, yesterday was a holiday, and it shipped today! It will be here on Thursday. I emailed them with a question this evening, and she responded within 20 minutes! Can't fault that. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts