Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i thought i had diet pretty figuered out in preperation for getting my 1st rat. but ive just been reading and someone said " i feed my fats two HT blocks a day" (plus other veggies and a constant source of other food) so i no tht HT comes in sorta cilinder shaped pellets, so when they say they feed them two blocks a day does tht mean 2 pellets! tht seems pretty lean.or am i just being reli nieve and stupid.help me plz, i want everything sorted out for a new arrival
thnx

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
By 'block' they mean the 'pellets'. They are rather large blocks, though. Personally I try to free feed the HT, since that's the stuff that's got all the vitamins and stuff in it. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
My little girl hoardes her blocks so I can't free feed as easily, but if you can do it, it's probably better.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I fill up their bowl of HT blocks once a night with enough for all of them. I give them the rest of their dinner at that time.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I hand feed my girlies blocks whenever they have to go back to the cage, and make sure that they always have blocks in their "stash". I have a feeling they eat more than two blocks a day, but I have no idea since I don't really keep track of how many I hand out.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Harlan Teklad is the best brand of lab blocks currently. Although their ingredients are rather... eh, they're considered the best in their own right.

Personally, I feed Oxbow Regal Rat, a few different high-quality premium dog foods, a tweaked version of Suebee's, and lots of veggies/herbs/fruit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts