Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a rat as the alpha who just... Doesn't seem like the alpha? XD For the first time ever, I just watched Neera grab Dela and legitimately throw her over on her back and start grooming her belly roughly. Neera weighs at least 60 grams less than Dela, and she's my sickly little handshy girl. It just doesn't make any sense for her to be the alpha! I know for certain that she wasn't originally the alpha. I guess poor Dela got knocked out of her position at some point! XD

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Girls don't do alpha as strictly as boys. Our big old rat Cloud is literally is getting rolled over by our younger girl Misty who is full of energy. It's not that she isn't bigger and perhaps still stronger, but it's just easier to get rolled over and groomed than to make a fuss over it. On the other hand our former alpha girl Max had no sense of humor at all, she swatted the daylights out of Cloud if she dared to interrupt her nap. But to be honest, I don't know if it was alpha behavior or just her personality. It's amazing what Cloud lets Misty get away with compared with how Max treated her as a pup. Maybe that's why she's so tolerant?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess so! It just really surprised me to see that. I'd always just assumed Dela was ths alpha of the group. I'm glad to see Neera doing something like that though. To me, it's a sign that she's not feeling too sickly lately. ^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts