Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheddars my rat, within 30 minutes developed a rather large bump almost center on his head... I hope to god it isn't a tumor... Theories?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would take him to his doctor. Maybe he'll need a biopsy, maybe he won't, but that would be the most definite way to tell.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No scuffle that i know of. I gave him a yogie about 20 minutes prior of me noticing.. and i didnt notice the bump then, theni came back andthe bump was there like magic...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seemed to have receded, just checked him out now. He seems to be fine, heck he came running out of the tubes when he heard that i woke up! :) Maybe a bug bite.. but ill get him checked out!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Possibly a bump from hittin his head. Doesnt seem to be a cyst or tumor, but you never know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doctor gave me an ointment to put on his head, guessed it should recede in about a week. It's already looking better after a day! Cheddar still acts like himself. Doctor confirmed that it was not a tumor. So my buddy is ok! Woot!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He thought maybe an abscess, didn't want to lance in on account that it was so close to his eye. Not sure what ointment he gave me, I was just so relieved to hear it wasn't a tumor that i was just greatful in knowing that! He was confident that Cheddar would be fine and that it wasn't something to spread to Provolone. He checked out the young one too, said he didn't have any signs of URI or anything bad. So all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts