Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right....here is a stupid question but I have not been able to find a good answer. :oops:

How long do rats sleep? My babies seem to sleep alot and quite often. They are young so I figured often was normal but for hours at a time?

Please help as they are my first and I would hate to not see something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks again friends.....

·
Registered
486 Posts
It isn't a stupid question at all :)

I think all rats sleep differently to others, it all depends on them and their owner(s).
Not forgetting that rats are also nocturnal, so while you're asleep, they're probably up and playing around in their cage.

As my girls have gotten older they tend to sleep alot more during the day. It's usually about 8AM and around 10PM when they're ready to come out and play. If I wake in the night I can also hear them jumping around.

I don't think you have anything to worry about :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D Thanks Emster. That helps...my daughter actually "owens" the ratties but I get to play grandma all day long and they get alot of exercize under the covers where they love to play (even with the cats on the bed.) Their favorite game so far is playing the monster under the covers with the cats. It is hilarious. Anyway....thanks again...I figure if they didn't play or if they acted differently there might be something wrong but I guess it never hurts to ask. Although I still think it is silly. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts