Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 9 days of spending hours in front of the cage door feeding them every food imaginable and talking in a soft voice I was able to get Mouse to come out! I was feeding them rice crispies and to my surprise Mouse just climbs up my arm! I carefully moved her to the couch where we spent 3 HOURS!!! She didn't do any of the stuff she did last week when I took her out (pooping, peeing, trying to get out of my eye sight) She happily explored the couch, blanket, side table, and finally my sweatshirt!
I layed in the exact same position for three hours so I didn't scare her and now have a huge crink in my neck but am too happy to care :D She even took a 45 min. nap in my sleeve and cuddled with my hand! She explored every where and even crawled on my face! It's been years since I've had a rattie tickle me as she runs across my stomach and it feel so good! I only wish Cinna-Bun would follow in Mouse's footsteps and realize I'm not going to hurt her :(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
congRATs!!! give cinna-bun time, she'll come round.

·
Registered
261 Posts
mice.... mice are not as smart as rats so give cinna bunn siome time to reveil herself and she will eventually come out to greet you, no lie. my rats loved me from the first second they saw me, unsocialized> but for mice, it takes them a while longer.

good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
rattusnorvegicus said:
mice.... mice are not as smart as rats so give cinna bunn siome time to reveil herself and she will eventually come out to greet you, no lie. my rats loved me from the first second they saw me, unsocialized> but for mice, it takes them a while longer.

good luck and keep us updated.
Read the first post carefully, Mouse is the name of her rat.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's so sweet. ^^
Every time I hold a rat at work who doesn't freak out and try to escape me to get back into the cage I want one more and more. Just a couple more weeks, and soon I'll be sitting infront of the cage coaxing them out with treats as well. I'm sure Cinna-bun will get used to you soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts