Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I checked in on my boy about 4-5 hours ago before I had to leave to go somewhere, and he was in a kind of 'fit' that is hard to describe... If he was a person, I'd say it looked like he was trying to clear his throat or cough or throw up, or maybe even had hiccups, but there was no/little sound while he was doing it. It had a rhythm to it, but the oddest thing is that it did not affect his actual breathing. It would make him sneeze occasionally, too. Some pretty bad sneezes sometimes. His fur was puffy around his head area and he was keeping his eyes half closed and bruxing. He was not opening his mouth wide either while doing this.

When I got back about an hour or 2 ago, he was in the same spot and still doing it, but since then he's fallen asleep with his brother and it seems to have gotten better, but I can't tell if it's gone for good.

Before this he was acting totally normal. And he did take dark chocolate from me like normal so he wasn't unresponsive.

I have no clue what this is, but he really did look like he was very uncomfortable or in pain.

Anyone have any idea?? I did take a video (not high quality and it is dim) but I can upload it to youtube if people would like to see.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
edit: he is still doing it. he keeps moving his tongue around as if he's swallowing or something...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts