Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im not sure why, i pick up my rats on a daily basis and so does my sister, but today my sister picked up one of my rats while she was eating and she made a big fat squeak?? she wasnt hurt she just didnt like it? does anyone know why? Also its not like she loved being picked up, but she was okay with it, she isnt 100% tamed but im still scared something is wrong, shes the one in my profile picture by the way :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im not sure why, i pick up my rats on a daily basis and so does my sister, but today my sister picked up one of my rats while she was eating and she made a bug fat squeak?? she wasnt hurt she just didnt like it? does anyone know why?
btw she is 14 weeks, and was handled by her breeder and us, i think maybe she was just a bit spooked since my sister picked her up while she was in the middle of eating, she doesn't have any symptoms of a uri either

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm thinking that messing with them while they're eating should be on the "no-no" list.
You're going to find as they get older, then get more definitive about their likes or dislikes.

Most animals don't want to be messed with when they're eating.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking that messing with them while they're eating should be on the "no-no" list.
You're going to find as they get older, then get more definitive about their likes or dislikes.

Most animals don't want to be messed with when they're eating.
thanks for the response

1 - 5 of 5 Posts