Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started feeding it to my rats a couple days ago and they won't eat it. What should I do? o_o

Okay, I fed it to them by hand and they like everything BUT the pasta. XD So I guess it's all good.

·
Registered
730 Posts
They'll eventually get used to it. Rats are smart creatures, they'll sample little bits of food, and if it dosen't make them feel sick then they'll know it's ok ;) (well, in the wild this is normal, my girls are gorbs and don't care :p)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XDD Mine're still young, so yeah. But if it's from me then they know it's okay, so I decided to feed them some from my fingers, like I said. :]

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ratties sort through and pick out what they like in their mix, but I always leave what's left in their cage until they eat it. I don't refill the bowls until everything's gone, even the food that they hid/hoarded :p

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my boys never hide their food! sniffs covers his bowl up with his towels but never hides anything (he even keeps his toys in his bowl LoL it's adorable all the balls he can fit in there go in the rest go around neatly he is so cute)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a cat who had this felt ball and a bunch of toy mice, and he would put them in his food dish. It was weird XD

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ugh, I hate how my rats LOVE to cover their food dish with fleece and towels :p It's so annoying. They also like to go around collecting all of their toys and put them in their food dishes.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
LoL Thats what Jay likes to do with their bedding. He will put anything and EVERYTHING in the bowl, he even grabs my hand and wouldnt let go until it was in the food bowl >.< lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
JennieLove said:
LoL Thats what Jay likes to do with their bedding. He will put anything and EVERYTHING in the bowl, he even grabs my hand and wouldnt let go until it was in the food bowl >.< lol
LOL! That is a hilarious visual :p

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
LoL Oh you should have seen it, I was cracking up! He would not let go! I tryed to pull my hand away but he just held on tighter...so I just let him and he placed my hand in the bowl and kinda pushed it down, like it was trying to stuff it in there. >.< Jays so funny!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XDD I still think it's awesome that your rats are named Jay and Silent Bob <3 And looking at their pics in your sig, it's fitting XD How's Jay been doing?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hes the same as normal. Im VERY sure that its an abscess and the vet wont do anything until I pay him $50 "just to make sure" and then god knows what to remove it. Plus the $35 for the visit.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Night said:
They also like to go around collecting all of their toys and put them in their food dishes.
Ours do that, too :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts