Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a sugar glider breeder in the area is selling some really cute toys she makes, has anyone tried these? They're essentially various dollar store items assembled into hanging toys. If you google it you can find some pictures if you're not familiar with them. Do you guys think these would make good rat toys? More importantly do you think rats would even play with them?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Lol! I must have a bunch of lazy rats. They have a ton of toys, they dont actually play with anything, they just like the things they can chew on or tear up or lay in :D

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that's what I was thinking, that even if I get toys they won't play with them. My cage is mostly lounge areas right now, they aren't interested in toys but I'm trying to make the cage setup more interactive

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My girls really like toys that they can move around easily (cat toys, toilet paper rolls, sticks, etc). My boys couldn't care less and would probably prefer another hammock to a toy lol None of my rats have ever touched any hanging toys, even if they were made of applewood twigs that they love to chew, but that may just be their preference. I always hear my girls jingling away as they carry around the cat balls :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts