Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Sunseed Vita Prima Rat Food and it seemed pretty healthy. The ingredient corn was lower on the list of ingredients. I think it was the 13th on the list. A little further down the list was whole corn i looked at the picture of the mix on the bag and it seemed like there wasn’t very much corn. I heard corn can get moldy and cause health problems. Could i feed this food to them because it a small amount? if not could i pick the whole corn out or would the whole bag be contaminated? Do any of you have experienced with this kind of food? Is it healthy? I have had many rats who eventually passed away do to old age or a health condition and i’m getting new ones and wanted to try a new food that isn’t quite as expensive as oxbow but if it isn’t healthy i’m willing to feed them oxbow. I just want to make sure they are healthy!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hi and welcome!

This mix looks pretty heavy on alfalfa pellets. While alfalfa pellets won't hurt your rats, they're not likely to eat them. Some people actually use alfalfa pellets as litter. They're not really rat food.

Being that your rats probably won't eat the alfalfa pellets, they won't be getting the advertised nutritional balance of the mix. It will mess with the percentages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts