Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed something to keep my two new girls in, and a habitrail wasn't going to cut it, so I talked my friend into buying me a superpet cage with her staff discount :BlueDumboSmile:.

I figured I could show off how I have it set up in case anyone else in concidering getting it. I wouldn't recommend it for a permanent cage, but as a qt/sickie cage it's fabulous.

I didn't even bother with those nasty SP levels, instead I put in corner shelves from the dollarstore. Also, I left out the SP wheel and put in my own wire mesh wheel, which I've found most rats prefer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats what i was thinking of getting when i get two baby girls, then when they get bigger i could switch over!

Great Set-up! I love the hammocks!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Although I thoroughly hate that cage from when I used it, you make it look awesome! Next time, if I have to use it again for anything, I'll definitely modify it like you did :) Excellent job!

·
Registered
546 Posts
one really nice thing about superpet, as a brand, is that they're really easy to stack, if you ever get ahold of another one with the same width and depth dimensions. before i got the ferret cage, i had two like that, and i opened the top and stacked them vertically.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, that is a good idea. Although it's still not deep enough for me to recommened as a permanent cage. The babies get along in it fine but they're just 6 weeks old.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I actually have two super pet cages that I was going to stack but then my FN came, and the boys got moved into the coast cage mansion. I HATE the mansion it is the biggest pain in the butt to clean........I'd take a modified SP cage anyday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts