Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahah :) is there anyway I can teach Lilly not to pee or poo on me when I hold her? She is normally very active even when I hold her. And the other day I was holding her and she got real calm and still and I was thinking it's a miracle she finally relaxed. Next thing I know I got pee in my hand and poop on my arm. :? And somehow in the pocket to my jacket! lol :p Then she started moving around again. I had my brother hold her and she was relaxed! lol I don't know how he does it. He has some kind of charm with Rodents. He used to have Hamsters and Mice. And they all would just chill when he held them. Anyways I want to handle her more my dream is some day to have her so used to me that she will feel comfortable enough to just fall asleep in my lap. I want her to know that She is loved and in a safe place. She already recognizes my voice and her name. I will come into my room and call her name and she will come out of hiding and come up to the top of the cage. So I guess thats a step up. hahaha

·
Registered
227 Posts
There's not much you can do about the pee, it just happens. Plus some rats scent mark and dribble all over.

As for the other, rats often poo in the same spot and a lot will wait until their back in the cage. However, I know my two girls can't hold it if we have them out for a long time.

With snuggling, I hope that she gets to that point. None of my girls have snuggled except for when they were very young. Females tend to be a lot more active.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw crush my dreams!!! lol jk jk jk Ok well thats good to know. Ifigured as much. Just was curious. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha So I decided to let Lilly out and explore my big bed. Everything went great! She seemed really excited at first but started calming down after she explored all over. It was so cute how curious she was. She eventually crawled up my side and crawled inside my jacket that I was wearing lol It was nice. I took a few pics im gonna post. Oh yeah one last thing She pooped and peed on my sheets! lol I had to wash my bedding anyway so no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts