Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Swaying is also a way that rats use to judge distance before they leap. Both my girls are albino and both always sway before making a jump, and I've seen it in non-albino breeds when they are trying a jump for the first time, or are unsure of their surroundings. I doubt its something to worry about, but maybe check his vision to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good to know I did notice he was doing it when he managed to climb up the entire cage one top of the square hammock is when he was doing it so he could of been judging how far it was if he was going to jump

·
Registered
383 Posts
My ruby-eyed rat also sways. She often does it when she's unsure and then will stride confidently forward when she's satisfied.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I saw my two ruby eyed boys swaying in harmony when they were laying next to each looking over the edge as i was feeding them. It was super cute but still worries me a little.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone! Emmett and Roman are my first ever ruby eyed babies so its a little new to me, but it has its perks roman wont try jumping off my hand when im holding him or off anything just stands on the edge and sways, emmett on the other hand sways for a minute or two and jumps like a crazy rat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts