Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Breakthrough post. . . . . . I'm in love with a rat named "Cookie" and I'm pretty sure he loves me back! SOOOOOO as of last night Cookie runs to the cage door for me to open it! Then comes out slowly and lets me pet him and he runs back. It's the cutest thing I have ever seen. Also, I found he wants to play!!! He pounces my hand and runs, I quickly realized he wants me to chase him with my hand, get him and then he jumps, scurries away, and runs back to me. We played his version of tag for about 8 minutes last night. I have a video but it wont let me upload it and silly me didn't take a picture. ): He also brings me his toy balls and wants me to throw them or play tug a war. It's like he's a mini version of a cat or dog! :) P.S. I don't know if he's just learning me, my voice, or his name. . . but if I call out "Cookie" he comes!!!! So I will just pretend he knows his name.
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg

Also, another special mention, Chip came out of hiding today to get some Cheerios!!!!! Also BOTH boys have been up playing in the cage all morning. :) As mentioned before, Chip never came out so this is a huge step for him.
IMG_1101.jpg

Day 5 has been the best day for us yet, and it's only the morning time. :)

Happy Tuesday friends!!
- Stephanie

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's great that your rats engage with you! That level of engagement really shows your rats trust in you. The fact that they run to your voice and to the cage door to come out is a great sign! It sounds like your babies really love you. (P.S. your rats are beautiful!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts