Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave two of my rats a tiny tiny bite of chocolate tonight! i made chocolate muffins and i read off another post on here that a small small bit of chocolate helps with respatory issues. I didn't give any to my mother though, i could bearly hold the little bits of chocolate because i didn't want to give them too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
A tiny tiny bit of chocolate IS alright everyonce in a while. Rats are pretty tough when it comes to eating certain things. But it is dangerous to give them too much, like any other animal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Chocolate does indeed have something in it that can help open up the air ways if a rat is ill. It is fine to give in small amounts or as an occasional treat but as always don't overdo it ^^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is their first chocolate treat... i might give them more the next time i make somethin cocoish :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats cruddy :|....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,640 Posts
Just remember that dark chocolate is the only one that is good as a bronchodilator with a rat having respiratory problems. It opens things up to help them breath. Feeding them chocolate won't help with a URI in the long run.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top