Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered today that one of my rats is not using her foot, she won't put any weight on it. Also, her shoulder is swollen. It is not bleeding and it doesn't seem to be bothering her much. Our vet is open tonight, so I'm bringing her tomorrow. The vet said she should be able to wait since it isn't bleeding. Does anyone know what it could be? should I put her in a one level cage tonight so she won't climb as much and injure it more? (only left foot) Thanks! someone please answer:)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Injury from catching herself during a fall maybe. I yes, I'd put her in a single level for now. Keep us updated on what the vet says :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the vet today and the vet said it is either a cancerous mass or a non cancerous mass. We could have had a surgery or biopsy done to see what it is, but it wouldn't matter because it will spread anyway no matter what it is, and surgery's are risky. We got an anti-flammatory medicine to try and keep the swelling down. We just need to watch her to make sure she is comfortable and getting around okay. She is also almost two years now, and that's pretty much how long most rats live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts