Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks ago that my girl, Maisie, had a lump on her throat. She's 1 year and 10 months. It's not bothering her at all. She's still very greedy and active.

I saw a vet and she said it was a swollen lymph node caused by either cancer or an infection, so she put her on 2 weeks of Baytril. At first it seemed to get a little bigger but then went down almost completely. After the 2 weeks I called my vet and explained that it was almost gone so could I give her another week of Baytril. She said to give her another 2 weeks.

She's been on the medication 3 weeks now and suddenly it seems to have got bigger again. I'm starting to think it's cancer.

I don't really know what I'm hoping to get out of here but I was hoping you guys could give me an idea if it sounds like cancer or not? Also any advice would be great.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Take a fine needle aspiration. Could even be an abscess. My girl had one, her lymph nodes swelled then a lump came. Vet thought cancer, gave a pop and it was an abscess thank god.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'll mention it to her when I'm back. I can't believe how fast it came back up. It's was tiny, then a little bit bigger and now over night it's huge again. She's not bothered at all so I guess that's good. She's still greedy and playful

1 - 3 of 3 Posts