1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_9578.JPG
Taco3.JPG
Taco2.JPG
Pleased to introduce Taco, a brown agouti girl, returning from an adoption. They had her 2 years, so that would make her 2 yrs and 2-3 months. She is a spayed female and a Twilight foster, so she will stay with me for the rest of her days. Taco is very sweet, a petite girl at just 270 grams. Her breathing is crackling and popcorning, very much like pneumonia, so I have her on Baytril 2x day for 2 weeks. No other symptoms, so hopefully it will clear up.

She is getting used to new home, which she shares with her cage mates, two chocolate 1 yr old rex boys, who are scheduled for neutering next week. New happy family of ratties!! Phyllis has been moved to her own room so she won't be distracted by the boys lol.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And yum...cream of wheat!! She is just learning to lick it from my fingers. When I first tried to give them a treat, they pounced on my hand and bit my fingers, so excited for food. Now, they are very chonky boys, so no need to be greedy, but I think they have been fed a lot of treats, probably through the bars a lot by the kids. They think hands are treats, and chomp my fingers ever time. We are learning..:eek:

Reactions: Rex the Rat

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is very sweet, and is always looking for me. I only hear her make the crackly rattle sound when she gets excited for food or when I pick her up. Otherwise, I can't hear or see anything wrong with her. She's an old lady for sure, a little unsteady when jumping, but still has a shiny coat and bright eyes and some meat on her bones.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One week after getting Taco Belle, she is feeling much better. Her URI has subsided, and she is very active. She'll chase my hand around and has been exploring the Rattic with her 'brothers'. I hope all this exercise is good for her and not going to give her a heart attack :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts