Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy, I've seemed to have a bad run of luck since getting my rats! On Friday afternoon one of my children (no one will fees up) either left the cage open or didn't close it properly and Kevin escaped. He is really hard to catch if left to roam outside of the bathroom because he panicks. He doesn't bite he is just very shy still and fearful when you initially pick him up. Fine once you are holding him and doesn't try to escape. He was loose for two days until I realized he was in the space between the floor and the bottom of my bathroom vanity. Last night I managed to lure him out and shut the cabinet door so he was confined to the bathroom and easier to catch. When I picked him up I found that he's tail has been degloved at the end!!! He wasn't bleeding but it looks so painful and I am really upset. How does this happen! Could it be self inflicted? What should I do?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
He could have caught out on something and it got trapped. How much of the trail is degloved? If it's more than a few mm it may be worth getting it amputated out at least having him in antibiotics and pain killer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.