Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Napoleon, my new baby, has started pulling Panda and Scout's tails. He grabs their tails in his mouth, and pulls back until Panda or Scout squeak and run away. He hasn't left any marks, and there's no blood, but i feel bad since Napoleon is being a little terror. :D
Is this normal? Will he grow out of it? Is there anything i can do? He seems to enjoy it, but Panda and Scout clearly don't. :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
2 of my older girls were doing this to the new babies when I first moved them into the FN together. It was to the point they would pull them down off the sides of the FN by their tails. It wasnt entirely rough, just more curious like, hey you come back here so I can power groom the heck outta ya. It has now stopped though. If there is no blood and seems fairly innocent I would just keep an eye on them and make sure it doesnt turn aggressive. Than again I havent had much experience with this issue and I have girls, so I dont know if its different with boys. I would think hes just establishing dominace over the new ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts