Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

About a week ago I was giving my boy rat scritches as he was sprawled on the sofa. He was bruxing and did a few little boggles and then he wagged his tail. It wasn't side to side like a dog but more wiggly like a snake movement. I wasn't sure if it was because he liked it or because he didn't! He seemed very relaxed otherwise and wasn't trying to get away from my hand or anything.

Then yesterday, I noticed my other boy rat did it too. The boys were playing their little "tag wrestle" game on the sofa, and right before KC pounced on him, claude did a tail wiggle. I'm pretty sure it was a totally non-aggressive move, as it was a very playful situation. It was as if he was so excited about the next move in the game he just couldn't keep still. There is quite a lot of noise when they play but it's all just body weight games and chasing.

I'd be really interested to know your thoughts on rattie tail wagging :)

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
tail wagging is a sign of them feeling things intently, it can be aggressive but it can also be when they are really really exctied, its all about there body language, plafull bouncyness means excitement, lowered head, poofy fur and hunched sidling means aggression

1 - 2 of 2 Posts