Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , im just wondering how you guys take such good photos?

My girls are so hyper and fast that ive only managed to get the odd blur or fuzzy picture :?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
most of mine are crappy, both with my mobile phone and with my camera. i delete more than i keep, and sometimes its a matter of having the camera aimed at whichever rat i want pics of, and hope that he/she will sit still long enough for a somewhat decent shot.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Take lots.
That's about all I can say, my girls run out of about 95% of the photos I take, so I have to take a LOT to get something cute.

Also, don't show blurry ones, that doesn't help. And make sure you're choosing the best setting on your camera.

If all else fails, bribe 'em and snap some shots while they're eating!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
good settings on your camera include an "action" mode, to catch the fast little buggers, but then reset the focus to "micro" (often a flower) so that they don't get blurry so up close. if you had to pick one or the other, i'd say just take lots of "micro" photos and hope they stay still. i also have a "soft flash" which doesn't white them out, but try to take pictures in a well-lit room anyway (sunlight is way better than lamp light).

·
Registered
181 Posts
First it's good to let them have playtime first, that way they are less active. Take lots of photos, using proper settings on your camera. I put mine in a tree outside, so they don't have too much space to roam. I put a playpin at the base of the tree in case someone falls. The grass is soft so I don't have to worry about that, just escapees lol

And it's good to have a decent quality camera and light. Cameras thrive on light!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts