Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ยท
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't really gotten a chance to do this anywhere and I thought maybe it would be a good time to do so since I've returned to the forums.

Last October I lost my little 1.75 year old Taunlet to a quickly progressing Zymbal's Gland Tumor. In two weeks it went from nothing to something awful, and after those two quick weeks we had to make the hardest decision we've ever had to make, to keep her from having to suffer the results of such an awful condition. She was never the friendliest rat and always a little off and shy, but she was sweet when she wanted to be and had a fondness for hiding in our arms and nipping our toes. The day she was put to sleep was the first time I ever heard her brux or saw her boggle and I wish I had had more time with my weird little ratty. Rest in peace, Taunlet.
Rat Muridae Hamster Mouse Rodent Rat Muridae Gerbil Mouse Hamster Rat Mammal Mouse Gerbil Muridae

[HR][/HR]
Last week on Friday the 13th, I lost my oldest baby girl, Nerf at the age of just over three years old. She had a mammary tumor that was starting to grow quickly and was going to be put to sleep soon, but passed in her sleep overnight, curled up in her favorite spot. Her cagemate, Gizka, who's been with her most of those three years was by far the most depressed. Nerf was the sweetest, calmest, gentlest little rat girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She was always hungry for a treat, never belligerent, always waddled over when called. She loved everyone and every rat she ever met in a very motherly way, and loved nothing more than to snuggle up on someone's shoulders while they sat on the couch or recliner to watch TV. She was a sharp contrast to her crazy cagemate, and was probably the easiest rat to love. She came from a difficult situation and I'm so glad that I could give her a happier home filled with all of the banana chips and peas she could stuff her silly little face with. Rest in peace, sweet girl. Gizka misses you so bad and so do we <3

Vertebrate Mammal Rat Muridae Mouse Rat Mouse Mammal Hamster Muridae Rat Muridae Rodent Gerbil Mouse

ยท
Registered
12 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( When my babies passed away, it was the hardest thing in the world. I hope you are doing okay. PM me if you need a friend~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts