Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right.

I found out this evening that my 4 sister furballs (Niki, Kitty, Lily and Jennie) absolutely LOVE tea!

I was sitting there drinking a nice cup, extra milky (just the way I like it) and left the room about 5 minutes - returning to find the 4 of them fighting over the cup (I've NEVER seen them doing this with any other drink before)

I've had a quick search around, but can't seem to find any information about how it would effect them.

Do you think it would be an ok occasional (weekly/fortnightly) treat to fill up a smaller sized feeding dish with luke warm/cool tea?

Perhaps cut back on the milk and make a weaker tea than I would drink?

Lol. Odd question, I know. Sorry.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is it cafinated tea? I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that decaf would be good for them...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's regular tea, so I guess it's got caffeine in. Decaf tea? Hmm, I'll keep an eye out.

(If they're as spoilt as I expect though, they'll turn their nose up at anything but their usual =/)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ration1802 said:
Decaf tea? Hmm, I'll keep an eye out.
I know, it's not real tea ... :wink:

·
Registered
527 Posts
i think rats are prone to become caffeine addicts, just like people, so you better get decaf or else guard your cup! xD

my rats dislike tea (they actually run away when i show them some on a spoon lol!)but then again, my mom only buys the herbal kind and no milk is in it. ;]

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I thing I may make a razor-wire cup-guard.

I've just made the mistake of putting my cup with the crud (I never drink the last 1/4 inch of a cup of tea. OCD? lol) in the bottom and they're arguing about who gets to go cup diving first.

I may have to separate it into 4 cups in a minute. They make me giggle - there is perhaps two of them squished into one mug right now.

DOH!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
take photos, take photos... ratties squished in a teacup would be soooo cute!!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I plan to give them their own cup this afternoon (when i grab some decaf) so expect pics XD

And at one point there was 3! It was sooo funny. Lily bound up, climbing over Jennie and Kitty who were in the cup - and knocked everyone off. Eejit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same with my little sweetie, i left my empty cup on the coffee table, Milly thought she would have a look, pulled the cup over and the dregs spilt out, she was a good cleaner, she loved the tea and licked it off the table for me. :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
My rats are in LOVE with green tea... as are my roommates rats. And my other roommate's bunny. So if you bring green tea around my house, you'll have 8 little animals all trying to get at it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
my little boy mario loves my tea, but he takes no interest in my coffee cup whatsoever. interestingly he only licks my tea when it has no sugar in it. (don't think i could allow him the sugar anyway, can't be good). also, he has never been given chocolate by me but he was a rescue so could have had it before. when i have chocolate he will fight me for the wrapper. he runs over and wants to eat it. i'd NEVER give it to him but i have to be quick or he'll steal it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I'm drinking a beer Oreo will lick what's left on the top of the can after I'm done, or before I'm done if he gets impatient. I know it can't be good for him so I don't let him do it often. Besides it only amounts to about 5-6 drops at most.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts