Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on her eyelid there, the lump doesnt seem to be causing any problems with her eyesight or blinking/what not. but i will watch to see if it grows any. what do you think it looks like?

·
Registered
155 Posts
to me it looks like where there eyelash comes from. try touching it to see if there is any long fur that looks like whiskers if it does have a long antenna like thing comming from it then don't worry. all rats have it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of my other girls have a lump like this, and the other side of maggie's face is clear too. its only on that one side

maybe its nothing, maybe its something, who knows. i'll keep an eye on it and if it changes i will post more pics

·
Registered
155 Posts
okay.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Maybe it's an infected eyelash follicle? (sp?)

Either way, watch it closely. Anything near the eye isn't something to take lightly

Does she scratch it at all? That would be a worry of mine, her scratching it and making it worse - or spreading any infection to the eyeball=/

·
Registered
155 Posts
if it seems like she is blinder than ever than she usually acts or if it changes a bit over time you can call a vet to ask or make an appointment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts