Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(this is related to another post I had today but they do not need to both be read to understand what happened.) I had to separate one of my rats after fighting another for the third time today. He's obviously uncomfortable, but sparing you a long story I know that if I put him back in he will hurt his weaker brother. He's never been a fighter, he's always been my most cuddly and loving one. He obviously nervous being away from him brothers the past ten minutes but I don't want to put him back yet knowing the risks. This last time they fought, his brother screamed so loud I thought blood had been drawn. No visible blood but will definitely check more thoroughly when I know my current rat is calm. If you know that one of your rats is capable of hurting your other ones while you sleep, would you place him back in? I usually sleep around 12am-1am on week days and it is currently 11pm. I'm a very heavy sleeper and never wake up to noises, I have to have 40 alarm clocks to wake me up. I know for sure that the likely hood of me waking up to a screaming rat is slim, and I don't want to have to risk it as I was too slow to stop them when I first woke up this morning. Would you place him back in even though he is visibly scared right now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts