Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four years ago I was very badly hurt in a motorcycle crash. I have serious mobility issues and suffer a lot of pain. I'm on some very strong painkillers as a result and between the pain and the side effects of the drugs I am sometimes quite sick, with some days being worse than others. Today is a bad day, I feel like sh*t. Much worse than usual. :(

Anyway, I'm on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and Trixie just came up to me and gave my face the most thorough cleaning I think it's ever had.

Thank you ratties! I love you dearly xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
I posted a similar thing this morning about mine making me feel better (Nothing compared to what you've been through)

But I'm happy that other people are getting special treatment and emotional support from their rats too. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing compared to what you've been through...
I wouldn't say that.

Physical injuries are often easier to overcome than mental health issues. If nothing else, people understand and sympathise with you much more than they do when you have mental health problems. The "just get on with it and stop all this nonsense" attitude from people around us is still a reality for many people suffering with depression, anxiety or paranoia. There's often a complete lack of support at a time when you really need it the most. In that sense, I probably have it easier than you do xx

·
Registered
346 Posts
One of my girls has started grooming me during free range time. It's quite exciting that we have gotten this far. The shy one kind of is a follower and half-heartedly did the same. She and I share on a different level so no worries. My two are my therapy for the emotional, messed up, life I am leading now after my brother and niece's deaths 20 months ago. I'm not saying I'm healing, but they are helping keep it in control. I know where you are coming from with the depression and anxiety. Some days I don't want to function but two little furries won't let me off the hook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts