Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it all started with a trip to the pet store we were getting food for my wifes cockiteal when i saw a cute little rat pawwing the side of his cage and looking at me... so i begged and begged and she decided we'd both get one i got a black male with white cuffs and a white belly and she got an all white female we named them capitan jack and lady pearl we caged them together (MISTAKE) and Yea umm we thought that our rats wern't getting along... we were wrong ... verry wrong... they were apparently getting along a lot better than we thought .. .we then had a litter of 18 females and 4 males my wife and i decided to avoid anymore accidental breedings we'd get rid of the females and keep the males ... so i've currently got 4 males and their dad Jack I've picked out names for the youngins but i can't tell them apart... they all look the same thev'e got this gray/brown coloring to them and i'm thinking of using hair dye or food coloring to mark them but i'm worried about hurting them... and i found this forum while i was trying to figure out why 2 of them were forcefully grooming one of their cage mates (i thought he was just stinky and they were fed up with it..) i know now that they were "power grooming him :) poor guy... any way were moving soon and i hope that they'll handle the move well... i also Play daddy to our Cockiteal (i can't spell it) Servantes and our rose hair tarantula Pandora. oh yea and the multitude of crickets that she eats lol....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts