·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XD

FINALLY!!! The Beast has arrived!

My dad kindly helped me assemble it

It's absolutely HUGE!!! It's so great.

Unfortunately, there's plenty of little nooks and crannies they can squeeze out of - so I've got plenty of tricks up my sleeve to rat-proof :D

El Rattos are not pleased with me - as I've spent their free-range time fitting mesh to the cage. Tomorrow I will be cleaning the mesh and hopefully putting the first coat of paint on it. I don't think my furkids will be out much this week - but hopefully they'll realise it's in their best interest o_O

I have many scratches and blisters now lol I did get industrial gloves but it took me twice as long to use the wire cutters. I'm hard, me!

Well guys, what do you think of this beaut?

·
Registered
482 Posts
OHHHH MYYY GOOODDDD I love it! IT'S A MONSTER! Where are the nooks and crannies? Where did you get it??

What are the dimensions?

I WANT ONE.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Most definitely in their best interest... lucky rattos! And why paint it, if you don't mind me asking? Doesn't it already have a pretty nice finish?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Deluxe-XL-Fer...ryZ46307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The bar spacing is 1" - so the smallest of my girls can squidge through

In the last pic, you can see the gap between the top and bottom half (which I was told, would apparently be covered by the tray) is about 2" wide. I'm going to try and get some PVC to cover it, unless I can find a way to glue some mesh on.

But price vs size, it's an amazing cage. Although - getting the mesh, paint and all that has brought the cost up to £200, easily. But, I still think it's worth it. It's a good 'pet project' :lol:

Edit : psh! don't post while I'm replying LOL! And yes, I have to paint the galvanized meshing. I'm going for black paint - keep it gothic lol (and the paint I'm using is Japlac - non toxic enamel based paint used for wee kiddie toys - so safe enough for non-chewing rats)

·
Registered
418 Posts
:!: It would eat my FN!

It's absolutly stunning! My rats and I are jealous! It's a good thing I don't have room for something like that. I cannot wait to see how you furnish it into a rattie home!

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Oh Ration that is awesome!!

What are the actual dimensions of The Beast? How many rats will it devour? You are going to have a lot of fun (and hard work) trying to make that thing look not bare. LOLOL

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dimensions : 107 W x 58 D x 141 H cm. This bad boy will hold 16, if I remember correctly. :D

Kimmiekins - It's not an FN but the similarities are definately there. I think it's one of the 'knock off' makes, or maybe from a similar manifacturer. There's even a little disk on the door where the FN logo usually goes on the FN.

I'm totally loving The Beast so far - it's scratched me up and has me covered in paint - two evenings of work and 300 zip ties down and I'm only half completed on the meshing. But it's going to be worth it - I can tell :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
That is an awesome cage. That would be so hard to find around here. I was lucky just to get a FN shipped here.
I can't wait to see final setup photos of your ratties in their new home.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Definitly post pics of the final cage - when its decorated and filled with fun stuff :)

lovely cage - if i had the space and the money that would be in my room right now!
Jess x

·
Registered
347 Posts
That is too good. I love my cage, but I gotta admit, that cage is the finest one around! :D

I look forward to seeing it filled with fun and rats!

·
Registered
323 Posts
oh. my. gosh. that is so COOL!!! its also so HUMUNGOE!!!!!! WOW WOW WOWIE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts