Rat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you may know, today is the day I homed 2 7 week old hairless boys (Although I think they may be double rex, any ideas???).

Theyre nameless atm as I'm waiting for my OH to get home to make them official!!

Meet baby no1.
(First 2 pixtures).

Baby no2. (Second 2 pictures).

Theyre so lovely and sweet, I love them already.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah I'd say they are double Rex! I can't believe you have 6 rats now, they are so addictive...These two guys look so sweet :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Though I'm no expert they do kind of look like double rex boys... Regardless though, they're positively adorable! Do you have any ideas about names yet? :3

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just see babies and know I have to home them!! I'm like it with all animals :D Thank youuuuu. They were brought up being handled by a 4 year old so are very resilient :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
What do they feel like? I've never seen or held a double Rex/hairless before??? That last picture kills me with cuteness every time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sabatea, my OH likes Rex so I was thinking about Toy Story names and some kind person on here suggested Slinky haha. :) But input is always welcome! :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adeliek, they feel like really soft, really warm leather but with ever EVER so slight fluff!! The last picture is the more reserved boy but hes still happy to take treats and walk on me so its only time :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We like odd names! Haha :D The lady I got them ofd has had rats since she was 13 and she was 34 so she brought them up to be model babies! :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They might be double rex or they might just be at an awkward stage of their hairless lives lol. My boy smeagol kept losing and regrowing a thin coat until about the 8 week mark, as did his sisters and they are definitely not double rex as they came from a standard mom. They are absolutely lovely though and I'm quite jealous :D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Darn, it wouldn't let me edit my previous post to show what I was talking about.
Here's Smeagol and one of his sisters at 5.5 weeks. Poor little runty boogers!
View attachment 180962
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
039.jpg
They looked a little mangy for a bit >.<

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kkrats, Smeagol is such a sweetie!!! I guess only time will tell what they truly are hah but whatever they are, it's too cute :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rex is rat no2. We went for Slinky for rat no1 but I'm unsure and probably will be for a while haha!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts