Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0468.jpg
Loki: Russian blue dumbo, son of Freyja. I bought Loki with his mother and 7 siblings when he was just 2 days old. He was the only blue pup in the litter and all his siblings were black and white, so needless to say he caught my attention. He proved to be the most outgoing of the litter so I decided to keep him. Like his mother, he's too smart for his own good and has been trained to do a few tricks...as long as he wants to do them :p
084.jpg
Odin: Siamese dumbo. Odin was in a feeder bin at the pet store when I found him. He seemed more calm than the others and since little Loki needed a friend, I decided to take him home. Turns out his calmness was probably due to the fact that he was scared to death because he can't see well >.< I had a rough time trust training him, but eventually he came around. I have to announce myself when I come to the cage, otherwise he'll stand there and sway for a long time before realizing it's me.
035.jpg
Smeagol: Standard eared black vari-hood hairless. Smeagol is Astrid's brother and son of Isis. Like Astrid, he's very cautious about everything that he does and doesn't particularly like being touched though he'll certainly curl up in my lap if I'm wearing some snuggly pajamas. He's a nest building machine and will take every piece of fleece from the cage to his nest if I don't strap it down in some way; as you can see, Loki and Odin also enjoy his nests :) Smeagol is slightly younger than Odin and Loki and I worried endlessly about introducing him into the group since fights could be particularly bad for him, but I have yet to see a scratch on him, his "brothers" are so gentle with him.
image (26).jpg
Albus: Pink eyed white standard. I got Albus about 2 months ago when I went to the store to get some worms for my lizards. The poor little guy was all alone in the feeder tank and seemed really excited that someone was paying attention to him when I opened the tank. I brought him home with the intention of introducing him to my big boys, but when it came time for intros, they were just a disaster. After a week of putting Albus through **** trying to get my boys to accept him, I finally gave up since I didn't think it was fair to him. During the time it took me to find a suitable friend for him, we developed a bond that I have never had with a male rat. Despite the fact that he can't see very well, one word from me and he's racing across the room to me. He enjoys snuggling in my hair and burrowing into my sweater. If you're allowed to have more than one heart rat at a time, he is definitely my second :)
022.jpg
Mithrandir: Blue hooded standard ear. I searched all over town for a friend for Albus and finally settled on little 'dir since he was the only one even remotely interested in me. Unfortunately, he came home with a URI so quarantine was extended for a little bit longer while I treated him. He made a full recovery and I introduced him to Albus a few days ago. They were instant friends and I feel like Albus is really helping him come out of his shell when it comes to exploring and interacting with me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What adorable rats! They all look spoiled and healthy!
I just love the blue ones! I've never seen one in person. I think they are so unique.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blues are hit or miss here. Sometimes there are bins full of them, other times people look at you funny when you ask when they'll have any again like they just never existed at that store lol. They've recently become pretty popular though and I'm starting to see more blue agouti as well. Hairless rats are definitely hard to come by and most of the stores I've asked about them say that they just don't like them or that they don't sell well which I find ridiculous since I think my little wrinkle butt smeagol is the cutest thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts