Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Petsmart today with my friends, picking out pet supplies for our dog and cat, and I made the terrible and wonderful decision to go look at the cute little fuzzies, supposedly just for grins. That may not have been so risky if the store hadn't just happened to have gotten a new shipment of babies and if one of those baby rats hadn't just happened to be a solid coloured light grey (basically, the rat I've always wanted).

His name is Gem. I can't introduce him to Amadeus just yet (because disease-prevention quarantine and also because he's still too little to be introduced to an adult rat), but he is aware of the presence of another rat in the house and has curiously sniffed in his direction some. He's a little bit shy right now (understandable) but is healthily curious and did at one point stick his little nose through the bars of his cage and lick my finger. He's so cute! cx

I'm also happy that Gem is actually taking an interest in the mineral chew that I put in his cage (although me mainly just picked all the sprinkles off the top), whereas I could never get Amadeus to chew on anything, and his teeth got too long.

I wish I had pictures to show, but unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how to get them from my phone to the Internet.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yaaaay! I have a little gray man named Roger, too! So excited for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I am super excited about this little dude. I can't wait to start teaching him stuff and becoming buddies. cx

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Congrats!

Just so you know, if they are in the same house, the quarantine is useless. All quarantines need to be done in a 100% completely separate building since the viruses you're quarantining against are airborne.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts