Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I had a pretty nasty migraine, and was getting myself ready to write off the night due to it, and just crawl into bed. On my way past the rat cage though, there they were: Mokey and Boobers, standing at the door waiting to come out. Fine, I thought... a short visit I can do... so I picked them up, brought them over to the couch, and laid down on my stomach, burying my head in my arms to block out the light and its migraine flaring badness.

The girls ran around for a while, of course, exploring my back, which they don't get to play on very often. They were both curious about my face, and so I turned on my side and rested my head on my arm... eyes still closed, and my other arm in front of me. Boobers came up and gave my nose a good long rattie kiss, and then found the nook of my elbow, where she snuggled in and lied down. Mokey came next, and laid down on top of my arm, and over the next minute slowly lowered her head onto the thumb of my other hand, which was just in front of her. I scratched the top of her head for a while, and her eyes closed, and I closed mine, and there the three of us dozed for a quarter of an hour... I'd open my eyes to make sure she was still there every so often, and there she'd be, inches from my face, head down and sleeping away.

SOOOO cute, and just reminded me how blessed we are to share our lives with these little sweethearts, and know how special they are.

Both Mokey and I were rudely awoken by Boobers deciding to leave her nesting spot to run up my shirt. Remind me to do something about her claws!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I love moments like this. Thank you for sharing it.

When I am sick/anxious/tired/stressed/etc, nothing helps like my mammals.

What a beautiful world this is, where we can sleep and be comforted by animals so different from us.

We humans don't deserve it, with what we've done to our world...

But I am glad they still love us. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts