Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i wanted to share... cause all my 'non-rat' friends don't seem to understand how touched i was by this ...
So my 'not so cuddly' rat Ringo was going after my hand the other day .. just constantly and i thought he wanted to nip at me ... and i kept yanking it away .. and the i thought to myself "if i let him bite me one time, then tell him no, he'll stop" so i tried to let myself let him do it .. but i was scared so i pulled it away .. and i finally gave it to him, and he just pop both paws on it, and start licking my hand like crazy! it was the sweetest thing ever .. i was so touched!

ok

and i gave their cage a mini make over the other day and i made them a cute little corner hammock made of some left over fleece .. and they weren't using it =( and i was kinda bummed .. but i went in to find my babies today and i couldn't find one of my rats! i was mortified .. then he popped his cute little head out from inside the little hammocky flap.. =) i love my boys

ok

Last thing i promise!
i had a quick question .. its a little personal i suppose so no one has to say but .. i was calling vets today and i only found one so far that treats rattys.. and i just want a quick check up .. the guys have had a few sneezes lately.. and the vet i found charged 45 per rat .. just to see them .. is that about normal or?

Thanks thanks thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Re: The cutest thing ever .. and then .. a mini Heart Attack

Judging from my own vet-hunting experience... $45 sounds pretty good.
The cheapest I've found in my area charges $50 for a look, and the most expensive charges $66. :/

That's so cute what Ringo did. ^^
And I'm glad they liked your hammock. It's always a great feeling when your pet uses something you make for them. Heck, even if you buy it for them it's still a good feeling to see them appreciating the gift.

·
Registered
94 Posts

my vet charges 75 bucks each to new people... but if you've been with him for 5 years he waves the fee and just charges you for meds...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ok so 45 is good ..... but now is a few sneezes and a little bit of scratching enough for me to take them? ... when i just got them they were sneezing constantly, and i had to get them treated for respiratory infections. Now one of them will sneeze every once and awhile .. should i be worried? Also they've just been introduced to a house with a dog in it.. i thought maybe that might be a reason for the scratching.. the dog is an indoor dog and doesn't have fleas, but i thought maybe the dander or something could cause the rats to itch a little more then normal.. i don't have a problem taking them to the vet if i need to but i don't wanna be over eager. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts