Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's still one more change to come- they're getting a Wodent Wheel, which will go where the back ramp is, and I'll scoot that towards the opening a bit to make room.

Enjoy!

The overview, with girlies! For a size comparison. They're staying pretty little, luckily!

Their favorite toy- newspaper! Sevilla luurves dragging it back to the cage, and then they shred it whenever they're bored. Apparently it really scared my roomie, she didn't know what the tearing noise was coming from one time while I was gone, she thought a burgler was in our apartment!

New potty training cup. I'm not sure it's big enough, they haven't seemed to have pooped in it yet! And they seem to really like snacking on the Yesterday's News, which is odd, to say the least.

Wheellessness! But where'd it go?!

Poor Belgie's trying to figure out how to use this thing now!

"Pink's my color!" -Belgie

Modeling the new hammock, a good deal for only $6.80 from Mainely Rat Rescue. They love it!

RAT BUTT!

RAT BALL! (Aerial shot of Sevilla in a hammock, the first time she used an "open" hammock!

"Thanks for takin' the tour of our redone digs! See ya laters!"

(remind me not to post when I'm hyped up on coffee again...)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
aw, but the coffee hype is the most interesting time to post. :lol: is the only difference between this set-up and the other one that there is no wheel now?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And hammocks, though looking at it, I admit it's a bit hard to tell. I added another big hammock on the left side top (stretches the whole depth of the cage, almost. So there are now two hammocks hanging from the ceiling), and then of course their pretty pink one. I can't wait for the Wodent wheel, though! That'll be a great addition.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
most definitely. if they could attach to the side of a cage i would order one for my rats too. though after looking at that nail-trimmer accessory for the wodent wheel i am tempted. with the new cage it might fit sitting on a shelf... is there much difference in price when you look around for them or does it not matter where you get it?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't look around too much, but I think there's just one supplier. You can either buy directly from them or from ebay, same price it looks either way. The only difference is that if you only wanted the trimmer, they don't offer that on ebay. Otherwise, same supplier, same product, same shipping, same total.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i love the pic of the broken wheel. she's like "no...how could you?!" and caressing it gently with her paw like it's dying. LOL

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
oh yeah! haha! it does look that too. that's great. "mah... mah pwecious...."

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, I never saw it like that! Cute, but now I feel bad... Oh well, Wodent wheel is coming in a few, she won't even know what hit her when that lovely gets here!

I love agouti, too! She's my first, it's such an interesting color! I really like how it looks when she's in the pink hammock/tube, very auburn! Stylish.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Awwww they are so cute, and you got a nice cage... I would like to have one like that...alot bigger though, for my 7 rascal beauties

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice pics! how did the wheel break like that lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great pics. I have the very same wheel in my cage and I have been trying to figure out how to remove it. How did you do it?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments! I love clipping fabric all over the place, and see what they'll decide to make into a bed. Those rats will do the craziest things sometimes...

Basically, grab it and wiggle it back and forth as hard as you can. The point here is to break/bend the legs off of the wheel part. There's a fabulous (cough, ha) illustration in thisthread, where I was trying to get this thing off before

1 - 14 of 14 Posts