Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is good with 3 relatively young and healthy rats at home. Will, now a full grown blue, is presently the male alpha rat and he is very good natured with a gentle groom. Boris, a slightly smaller brown hooded rat, a slight gremlin with somewhat of a rough groom, is a bit more mischievious but does not push anything too far. Ighee, our female rat (who we took in to spay) is about 2/3 their size and is quite the rascal. She will fake attack their rear and flanks, then dash off as they all play grab rat. She will SQUEAK to announce her attack. I saw her jump and go into flying boxing and kicking with Boris. Just cracked me up. He bowled her over in second and gently wrastled with her. Ah, life is good. It would be hard to have a better crew. Boris tends to gravitate towards the Mrs, and Will to me. Both are ace shoulder riders. Ighee is still somewhat of a wall flower and will (ahem) slip down the Mrs bra. Oh well, she will get bolder with time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, how dare her! One of those boys ought to man-up and reach back like a pimp and... ok, I am kidding now, but it sounds like the general dynamic in the cage is balanced... I have read of rat spays and neuters, and I am not sure if I would ever try it, but it is kindof an interesting experiment for those that do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts