Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new babies from the pet store on Friday, there was one poor little guy in the tank that was bleeding from his ear (I don't remember if it was both or just one) and moving as if he was extremely off balance, sometimes falling over just to get up and fall over again and kind of making a continuous circle with his head. Since I know for a fact that that little one came from the same breeder as the ones I took home, should I be worried about something communicable? To me it seemed like he'd suffered some sort of head trauma somehow, but I know that ear infection and pituitary tumor can cause similar off balance symptoms; but what about the bleeding? None of the others had the same symptoms, though I only saw them for maybe 30 minutes and I can guarantee if I called to inquire if any others developed the symptoms I'd get no straight answer. I'm just worried for my new babies, my other rats and for myself. I did handle the little one because I insisted that he be taken out of the tank, but I'm careful to wash my hands between handling new rats and my own and didn't even touch my rats for a few hours after coming home (and changing clothes) since I don't trust that place not to have some sort of disease floating around. If anyone can give me insight into what could have caused that little guy's symptoms, I'd be very grateful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts