Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martin's recently changed the R695 and RUDD, after listening to our (the rat community) complaints. :) The doors are now HUGE!

We had a rat lover donate *2* brand new R695 cages to Rattie Love Rescue (isn't that amazing?!?!!!), and they came today!

We've only gotten one together so far, and not decorated. But here are some "naked" pics for those who've had the older R695's.

First, though, the top and middle ramps are now against the back. The lowest level ramp comes off the middle of the shelf. I'd hopped we could just get a new front panel to make our old 695 like these, but that's not possible. Ah well!

I'll add pics when everything is decorated. For those who've not had the "older" R695's, here's our older one... You can see the difference in door size! Reaching the bottom right shelf is not an easy task.

·
Registered
997 Posts
As much as I love my FN, I desperately want this cage. You are so lucky to have gotten TWO donated to you! That's wonderful!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hehe. Awesome!

Granted, I haven't tried removing c-rings yet, but couldn't you just disassemble the ramp and move it in the bottom? There's three c-rings holding it in place, and I don't imagine it'd be that large of a pain to remove them and move it, connect it back with zip ties or c-rings... Or I could be totally wrong. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Katherose - We probably could. Doh! I didn't even think about that. Hrm... Now I'm thinking about this. :D Once we have our numbers down a bit, I think we'll give it a try. The middle floor would need to be flipped as well. But totally worth it, thanks!

Thanks everyone! It sure was amazing, and I don't think I could ever thank them enough... But I keep trying!

Vixie - You know, I do love my FN for my own crew... But these are hella nice. :D I think, eventually, we'll have the rescue outfitted with all Martin's (halfway there, now!!), instead of doing FN's and having to modify at least half of them, as we'd mused about doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts